Natural & Organic Fertilizer for all Citrus
- For larger & more flavorful fruit
- Long lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone Microbes
- 100% natural & organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges
- Use on all citrus, avocado, fruit and nut trees
When to use:
Late Winter January/February: pre-bloom application will enhance flowering.
Late Spring May/June Post-bloom application will encourage better fruit set.
Fall September/October: This will ensure overall nutrient needs are met.
New Plantings: Make sure to provide adequate space for your tree when it reaches its full size. Plant tree in full sun exposure for best results.
- Dig a hole twice as wide and the same depth as the root ball. Remove 1/3 of the soil and replace it with compost, peat moss or a good planting mix.
- Mix 1 cup of Espoma Citrus-tone into the amended soil.
- Make a small cone of soil in the center of the hole and place the tree so that the roots are fanned out around the cone. Back-fill with the fortified soil until the roots are covered by several inches and tamp gently. After settling, the soil level next to the trunk should be at or below the level the tree grew in the nursery field or container. Water thoroughly after planting and check soil moisture often to ensure that the tree has adequate moisture.
- After trees have made 6-8 inches of new growth begin regular feeding schedule.
Established Plants: Apply evenly around outer edge tree branches and mix into the soil. Plant food should not be applied within 6? of the trunk. Water thoroughly after each application.