Natural organic fertilizer for shade, fruit & ornamental trees
- Helps nurture the development of the entire tree
- Long lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone Microbes
- 100% natural & organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges
When to use:
One time each in Spring and Fall
Spring – Feed early Spring before growth starts
Fall – Feed after leaf drop but before the ground freezes.
Never apply fertilizer to frozen soil.
The amount of Tree-tone required is determined by the caliper or diameter of the trunk. On medium and large trees this should be measured at a point 4 feet above the ground.
- up to 2 inches – 3 lbs. (9 cups) per inch
- 2-4 inches – 4 lbs. (12 cups) per inch
- 4-6 inches – 5 lbs. (15 cups) per inch
- Over 6 inches – 6 lbs. (18 cups) per inch
Small trees: Sprinkle on ground over area equal to root spread. This can be estimated as the area under and slightly beyond the branch spread.
Large trees: Make holes 2-3″ in diameter, 2-3″ apart, and 12-18″ deep under the drip line (outer edges of branches) of the tree with an auger. Divide Tree-tone evenly among the holes, fill remainder of holes with soil. Water thoroughly.